Monday, January 17, 2011

I hate females who.....

Twitter is known to have some pretty outrageous trending topics, and only God knows where they start. Usually I just ignore them because of how ridiculous they sometimes tend to be. However, tonight I came across a trending topic called #ihatefemaleswho. Now it takes a LOT of people on twitter to get something to trend, so I'm appalled by the number of people who must be participating in this.

There's been 15 updates on this topic since I started writing.

The thing that upsets me the most about this statement is the complete lack of respect for women. I don't understand how this can seem OK to people. We wouldn't single out other groups of people by saying we hate them because it's disrespectful and wrong, right? You don't see people saying "I hate Mexican's who...." or "I hate Jewish people who..." because it's just not something you say. So, I don't see why people think that talking about women this way is no big deal.

There's been 93 updates on this topic since I started writing.

The other thing that depresses me, is that women are partaking in this blatant disrespect of their own kind. The fact that they don't recognize that it's disrespecting THEM floors me. Shouldn't we be supporting each other instead of putting each other down? Sticking up for each other instead of calling each other out on our flaws?

There's been 297 updates on this topic since I started writing.

The blatant lack of respect is mortifying to me. How is it possible that even women are partaking in this kind of rhetoric about their own kind? I'm glad some people out there are still buying into the idea that women are inferior and don't deserve the same amount of respect as anyone else. I mean, without that kind of logic towards people, we might all be....*GASP* equal?!?! Can't have that now can we.

Let's take a look at some of the things being said tonight:[Yes, because you've NEVER complained in your life, right? Oh wait....]

[Sucks that they CHOOSE to be built like that, right?]

[Because only pretty girls by YOUR standards should be allowed to sing -or even listen to that song.]

[Interesting that you're only willing to show the top of your head in your picture....]

[Hmm...I just can't think of a single good reason why someone wouldn't want to suck your obviously god-sent dick!]

[Yeah, that really is a bummer. It's just too bad that you can't get your own lazy ass up and cook something when you're hungry and instead rely on a stereotype to be fed.]

There's been 987 updates since I started writing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment